We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as an Accountant in our EMEA and APJ Accounting and Payroll team in Bedford, MA. Due to current COVID 19 office shut down, this role will start remotely and then transition into our Bedford headquarters once we reopen in the future.JOB SUMMARY:
As part of our Financial Shared Service Center, the Accountant II will play an integral role in our international operations and supporting our internal and external customers. This role is responsible for tasks related to the full accounting cycle for the APJ region, including monthly, quarterly and annual close procedures, supporting statutory filings, and local tax compliance.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Lead the month-end accounting and reporting requirements for your portfolio of countries;
- Prepare the monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and expense review analysis for your entities;
- Ensure that local accounting practices comply with government regulations and global processes and controls;
- Support payroll administration and cash management in coordination with the Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable departments;
- Compile year-end working papers for auditors and provide support of audit review process;
- Support the Accounting and Finance teams in the United States for the quarterly and annual Company audits;
- Drive the statutory financial statement process for your portfolio of countries, including preparation of the financial statements and liaising with the Legal department and local audit teams;
- Prepare and submit Government and Regulatory Filings, including Tax and VAT.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or equivalent certification
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in an accounting or audit role **please note this is NOT a senior position
- Experience with financial statement preparation and tax compliance
- Familiarity with US GAAP and the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with ERP systems. Bonus points for previous experience with Oracle
- Big Four Audit experience is a big advantage.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!