We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms and tools for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join our team as an Account Manager in the UK.
In this role, you will be responsible for effectively selling across all levels of the Progress strategic account base into both new and existing accounts. You will have a background in delivering large strategic wins, expertise working with a diverse virtual team and a consistent track record of exceeding goals. Operating between the indirect reseller channel and the end-user, you will identify and develop sales opportunities where engagement at the end-user level is required to add value to the sales cycle and maximize the potential for successful closure. It is anticipated such opportunities will be identified and expanded through a number of avenues including Progress led demand generation campaigns; joint demand generation with strategic resellers; distributor sales-out reports (order forms); prospecting activity
Your Area of Responsibility:
- Achieve annual revenue target through the sale of Ipswitch & DCI products (primarily MOVEit) through leading and closing sales opportunities with identified end-user customers
- Deliver high value solutions to prospects and customers, who become passionate and loyal customers
- Implement and execute effective sales and services strategies, ensure maximum penetration of your respective assigned territory that results in your meeting and exceeding assigned targets
- Facilitate customer success based upon customer-specific value propositions, realistic expectation setting and effectively leveraging a diversity of internal resources
- Be accountable for your work by tracking and managing all activities and information in Salesforce and by leveraging our sales process
- Accurately forecasting your monthly, quarterly and annual revenue streams; driving profitable growth.
- Analyzing your customer's financials to understand their pain points. Assessing consumption models needs per customer. Driving business planning and goal attainment.
- Effectively facilitating joint initiatives with cross-functional teams and strategically engaging cross-functional resources to achieve their goals and hit their numbers.
- Building strong customer relationships inside and outside of IT that challenge them to see their business differently.
- Focusing on collaboratively contributing to the long-term success of Progress through the sharing of best practices.
- Proven experience in processes for successful account management including forecasting, quota over achievement, sales presentations, short term, mid-term and long-term opportunity management.
- Solid Account Management experience in a fast-paced, high-technology environment
- Proven ability to manage complex sales cycle in a predictable fashion
- Engage prospects and customers in a way that both solves their challenges and achieves your quotas
- Think critically, using logic and reasoning to troubleshoot complex problems and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- You’re self-driven and you know how to exercise independent judgment and decision-making.
- You have a proven ability to demonstrate a solution over the phone and in person.
- You know how to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in which cross-functional teamwork
- Proficiency using Salesforce Automation tools
- Proven excellence in all methods of communication
- Experience in working in two-tier channel models particularly in operating between VARs and enterprise end-users
- Strong sense of accountability
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with complex technical solutions including calling on key decision-makers and all other technical and business influencers
- The ability to negotiate solutions and resolve issues with peers, partners and customers.
- Must have a keen ability to position solutions and articulate primary vendor strategies to senior customer Executives
If this sounds like you, then we would be happy to speak! Apply now!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!