We are growing and looking for an Account Executive, Senior. This position will focus on Progress’ Corticon product line. Corticon is an industry leader in the Business Rules Management System (BRMS) market. Corticon is a business rules engine that automates business decisions, enabling more efficient and responsive operations, and isolates those rules into an environment that is easy for business users to control and change. In this capacity, the Senior Account Executive will focus on ownership role for their assigned product line in North America and drive the identification and qualification of opportunities while executing account strategy and generate license, support and services revenues. Job Title: Senior Account Executive
About the Team:
You’ll be part of the Progress Core Sales team responsible for Direct End User customers for our Corticon product. You and another Account Executive will share the North American territory, supported by fabulous Sales Engineers as needed. The home base for the team is in our Bedford, MA headquarters but many team members are remote.
About the Job:
The Senior Account Executive will facilitate cross-functional collaboration within the Progress organization including Sales, Engineering and Development, Customer Support and Professional Services and as well as will facilitate and maintain successful relationships with customers, which will be measured by their willingness to be a reference, customer satisfaction levels, increased revenue levels and overall account penetration. In addition, the Senior Account Executive will develop “Trusted Advisor” status with their respective accounts to achieve a long-term, sustainable partnership.
As the front line for customer engagement, you have the responsibility of wowing our prospects with our products and turning them into passionate, loyal customers. This incorporates working closely with various internal stakeholders to provide them guidance and ensure they have a positive experience with Progress.
- 7+ years of direct enterprise sales experience desired
- Prior experience selling Business Rules Management Systems is preferred
- Negotiating and selling software technology into state/local government agencies is a positive differentiator for this role
- Implement and execute effective sales and services strategies to ensure maximum penetration of their respective assigned accounts.
- Build strong customer references by consistently setting realistic expectations early in each sales campaign and meeting or exceeding those expectations through successful execution of Progress’ Customer Engagement Model (CEM)
- Develop an extensive knowledge base of all assigned accounts, including their business profile, key players, competition, application and technology footprint, buying processes, compelling events, political environment and strategies
- Build a Product Sales Plan for assigned territory, keeping them up-to-date on an ongoing basis and sharing its content with the virtual account team members
- Seek to expand and strengthen Progress’ presence by establishing proactive relationships with influential people, both within the customer and related third parties
- Facilitate customer satisfaction through the proper deployment of the appropriate Progress resources to successfully execute the CEM
- Attend and participate in customer team meetings, and leads these as appropriate, and communicate regularly with virtual team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Identify, pursue, and close new sales opportunities through the execution of the CEM
- Position Progress to win new business within the account by developing, communicating, and driving effective selling strategies that are based on valid, customer-specific value propositions
- Proven track record of successfully closing small and large deals +$200K
- Documented record of exceeding quotas and developing account growth
- Ability to work in collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or engineering or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with selling methodologies, customer engagement models and CRM applications (e.g. SalesForce.Com)
- Must be technical enough to come up to speed on products quickly and deliver feedback in relation to deals
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time, primarily within your Geography