Job Title: Senior Account Executive
About the Team:
The foundation of the Digital Business Sales Team here at Progress is built on award winning Digital Content & Digital Experience products. This team thrives on the goal to help transform businesses around the world to survive in the digitized world. Focusing on products and services offering a full application life cycle, the team offers products such as The Digital Factory and other services including; Sitefinity, Telerik platform, DevTools and Testing products
About the Job:
This position will focus on the Digital Factor umbrella: Sitefinity, Telerik, Corticon, and Rollbase. The Senior Account Executive will facilitate cross-functional collaboration within the Progress organization including Sales, Engineering and Development, Customer Support and Professional Services and as well as will facilitate and maintain successful relationships with customers, which will be measured by their willingness to be a reference, customer satisfaction levels, increased revenue levels and overall account penetration. In addition, the Senior Account Executive will develop “Trusted Advisor” status with their respective accounts in an effort to achieve a long-term, sustainable partnership.
As the front line for customer engagement, you have the responsibility of wowing our prospects with our products and turning them into passionate, loyal customers. This incorporates working closely with various internal stakeholders to provide them guidance and ensure they have a positive experience with Telerik, a Progress company.
- Implement and execute effective sales and services strategies to ensure maximum penetration of their respective assigned accounts.
- Build strong customer references by consistently setting realistic expectations early in each sales campaign and meeting or exceeding those expectations through successful execution of Progress’ Customer Engagement Model (CEM)
- Develop an extensive knowledge base of all assigned accounts, including their business profile, key players, competition, application and technology footprint, buying processes, compelling events, political environment and strategies
- Build an Product Sales Plan for assigned territory, keeping them up-to-date on an ongoing basis and sharing its content with the virtual account team members
- Seek to expand and strengthen Progress’ presence by establishing proactive relationships with influential people, both within the customer and related third parties
- Facilitate customer satisfaction through the proper deployment of the appropriate Progress resources to successfully execute the CEM
- Attend and participate in customer team meetings, and leads these as appropriate, and communicate regularly with virtual team members to ensure customer satisfaction
- Identify, pursue, and close new sales opportunities through the execution of the CEM
- Position Progress to win new business within the account by developing, communicating, and driving effective selling strategies that are based on valid, customer-specific value propositions
- Minimum of 6 years direct software sales experience. Negotiating and selling software technology into corporate accounts is a requirement to be considered for this role.
- Proven track record of successfully closing small and large deals +$75K
- Documented record of exceeding quotas and developing account growth
- Ability to work in collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or engineering or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with selling methodologies, customer engagement models and CRM applications (e.g. SalesForce.Com)
- Must be technical enough to come up to speed on products quickly and deliver feedback in relation to deals
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time, primarily within your Geography
Today’s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don’t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we’re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.
This commitment means we’re never satisfied with the now. Our customers rely on us to be ready for tomorrow, today. They rely on us to make progress.