We are hiring for an experienced Enterprise Account Executive to explore a new market with us and open new revenue channels within our Developer Tools Business Unit. Together with a strong supporting cast of internal stakeholders all operating in start-up mode, you’ll be wearing many hats as we continue building out our go-to-market strategy.
In this role you should showcase excellent communication and negotiation skills as well as the ability to social sell and development strategic relationships to drive pipeline growth. You’ll also be running complex sales cycles from beginning to end while maintaining our company-client relationships at a high standard.
About the Role:
- Develop and present a thorough account and territory plan within your first 90 days, gathering input from internal resources including Product Marketing, Product Management, & Demand Gen
- Generate leads and build your sales funnel via all available channels (e.g. LinkedIn, in-person events, client visits) to exceed KPI and pipeline build targets
- Manage a defined set of accounts, vertical or territory, running multiple complex sales cycles simultaneously to exceed quota attainment goals
- Accuracy in pipeline forecasting!
- Build strong relationships with relevant personas (e.g. CIO, Chief Architect) to support tactical pipeline growth (e.g. immediate opportunity) as well as strategic expansion to other opportunity within the Account
- Develop thorough understanding of persona pains and business challenges as they relate to our value proposition and key differentiators in the market; confidently demonstrate/present this to prospects
- Research market trends and maintain constantly updated understanding of competitors in the space
- Work collaboratively with internal supporting resources, channeling customer feedback and lessons learned to help further build upon our go-to-market strategy and product offering
- Attend regular online and in-person product sessions to develop expertise in Progress products
- Travel expectations: up to 50% as needed
- 4-6 years of experience in software sales with 2-4 years selling enterprise solutions
- Experience interfacing with Architecture leaders at Fortune 500 companies
- Experience visiting clients onsite to progress relationships and uncover new opportunity
- Strong interests in technology with demonstrated familiarity in Web and Mobile app developments concepts
- Very self-driven with experience social selling, list building, and cold calling
- Able to diagnose prospects’ pains/needs and build relationships through a consultative approach
- Experience with any CRM software, such as Salesforce, is required. Experience with Tableau preferred.
- Enthusiastic about embracing Sales enablement tools
- A team player and eager to work within a start-up-like environment to help grow a new GTM strategy
- Flexible, target-oriented, and with a strong ability to multi-task
- Familiarity and experience working with the Sandler Selling Methodology will be an added benefit
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!