We’re Progress – we offer the best tools for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. We have now open position for .NET Developer Support Engineer - Intern to join our desktop and mobile teams, building components for applications with mature technologies like WPF and WinForms and modern ones like Xamarin, WinUI and MAUI using C# and XAML. Please note that this is a full time intern position for 6 months (8h/ day).
This is a great opportunity for someone who’s excited by the possibilities offered by programming, but who’s most motivated by solving real problems for other developers. You will be consistently engaged by diverse and interesting challenges. You'll use a constantly evolving toolset to solve a constantly evolving array of problems. There's room for coding in this position, but you don't have to be a super coder to start.
This is what you’ll be dealing with if you join us:
- Owning designated code cases submitted by developers and making sure their problem is solved in the best possible way
- Diving into a variety of different scenarios and helping in problem-solving and feature implementation to companies like NASA and VISA.
- Researching a variety of resources, including documentation, Knowledge Base, bug database, and Community forums
- Running cases provided by customers to reproduce and diagnose support incidents
- Communicating clearly and precisely with customers regarding technical issues and setting the right expectations
- Escalating product issues to the product teams
- Logging product defects and feature requests; provides Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary
- Participating in knowledge capturing (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing ones - product demos, KB and technical articles/documentation, code libraries.).
- Reviewing product documentation and identifying topics that need improvement
To be great in this role you need to have:
- A broad technical curiosity with proven technical understanding and problem solving
- .Net experience with any technology
- The ability to communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 15 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Student time off
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!