Progress DataDirect Cloud™
Progress DataDirect Cloud enables simple, fast connections to cloud data regardless of source—SaaS apps, big data stores, or social networks—using a single standards-based ODBC or JDBC driver. For example, an organization might want to use a reporting application to predict travel budgets by analyzing travel data stored in the cloud. DataDirect Cloud can provide connectivity with simple configuration instead of extensive coding. In addition, when you install the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector on a machine behind your firewall, you can connect to on-premise data sources using DataDirect Cloud, without opening ports or otherwise configuring the fire wall. The On-Premise Connector establishes a secure connection back to DataDirect Cloud when needed to provide access to the on-premise data stores.
DataDirect Cloud– June 30, 2014
DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC and the On-Premise Connector include OpenSSL v1.0.0m from the OpenSSL Project, which addresses a potential Man in the Middle vulnerability. Note that the JDBC driver does not use OpenSSL and did not need to be rebuilt. For more information, see the OpenSSL announcement at https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt and the Knowledgebase article at http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/000050864).
A few issues are bound to get by even the most exhaustive testing. We are working to fix the following:
- The DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC and the On-Premise Connector must be uninstalled and reinstalled to include the OpenSSL patch. The following versions are required:
- DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC Version 2.00.0063 (B0030, U0024)
- On-Premise Connector Version 00084
- Using setByte to set paramter values fails when the data source does not support the TINYINT SQL type. Use setShort or setInt to set the parameter value instead of setByte.
- Reinstalling the On-Premise Connector changes the Connector ID. Any On-Premise data sources defined in DataDirect Cloud must be updated with the new Connector ID.
- At this time, access to the On-Premise Connector is restricted such that only the DataDirect Cloud user that registered the On-Premise Connecter can establish a connection through that On-Premise Connector. For example, if the DataDirect Cloud username johndoe is specified during the installation of the On-Premise Connector, then the user must be logged into DataDirect Cloud as johndoe in order to be able to establish connections through the connector. The user johndoe can have multiple connections open going through the same On-Premise Connector.
UPDATE: We are aware of the problem and are currently planning a resolution.
- Testing has shown the following two errors from Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online when executing queries against the ImportData and TeamTemplate tables:
- Attribute errortype on Entity ImportData is of type picklist but has Child Attributes Count 0
- Attribute issystem on Entity TeamTemplate is of type bit but has Child Attributes Count 0
We have filed a case with Microsoft and are waiting to hear back about the cause of the issue.
- OpenEdge 10.2b - Setting the MaxPooledStatements data source option in an OpenEdge data store to a value other than zero can cause statement not prepared errors to be returned in some situations.
- Eloqua Data Store
- For queries on ACCOUNT and CONTACT tables that are processed as bulk queries , the Eloqua data store may report the following error.
Query Execution Failed. Error invoking Service, Response Error Code: 404, NOT_FOUND
This error can occur when the query takes longer than 3600 seconds (1 hour). Set the bulktimeout custom property in the data source to a larger value and run the query.
- See the files d2cjdbcreadme.txt and d2codbcreadme.txt for the latest notes when accessing DataDirect cloud through the DataDirect Cloud ODBC and JDBC drivers. These files are located in the installation directory for the ODBC and JDBC drivers.
Updated Third Party Acknowledgments
Progress DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC v2.0 and Progress DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector v2.0 may incorporate ICU Library v4.2.1 from International Business Machines Corporation. Such technology is subject to the following terms and conditions: ICU License - ICU 1.8.1 and later ICU License - ICU 1.8.1 and later COPYRIGHT AND PERMISSION NOTICE. Copyright (c) 1995-2010 International Business Machines Corporation and others. All rights reserved. Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, provided that the above copyright notice(s) and this permission notice appear in all copies of the Software and that both the above copyright notice(s) and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR HOLDERS INCLUDED IN THIS NOTICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, OR ANY SPECIAL INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE. Except as contained in this notice, the name of a copyright holder shall not be used in advertising or otherwise to promote the sale, use or other dealings in this Software without prior written authorization of the copyright holder. All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Progress DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC v2.0 and Progress DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector v2.0 may incorporate OpenSSL v1.0.0m from The OpenSSL Project. Such technology is subject to the following terms and conditions: LICENSE ISSUES ============== The OpenSSL toolkit stays under a dual license, i.e. both the conditions of the OpenSSL License and the original SSLeay license apply to the toolkit. See below for the actual license texts. Actually both licenses are BSD-style Open Source licenses. In case of any license issues related to OpenSSL please contact email@example.com.
OpenSSL License ---------------
Copyright (c) 1998-2011 The OpenSSL Project. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must display the following acknowledgment: "This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)"
4. The names "OpenSSL Toolkit" and "OpenSSL Project" must not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without prior written permission. For written permission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Products derived from this software may not be called "OpenSSL" nor may "OpenSSL" appear in their names without prior written permission of the OpenSSL Project.
6. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following acknowledgment: "This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/)"
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE OpenSSL PROJECT ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OpenSSL PROJECT OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.