Progress DataDirect Cloud™
Progress DataDirect Cloud enables simple, fast connections to cloud data regardless of source—SaaS apps, big data stores, or social networks—using a single standards-based ODBC or JDBC driver. For example, an organization might want to use a reporting application to predict travel budgets by analyzing travel data stored in the cloud. DataDirect Cloud can provide connectivity with simple configuration instead of extensive coding. In addition, when you install the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector on a machine behind your firewall, you can connect to on-premise data sources using DataDirect Cloud, without opening ports or otherwise configuring the fire wall. The On-Premise Connector establishes a secure connection back to DataDirect Cloud when needed to provide access to the on-premise data stores.
DataDirect Cloud– May 10, 2014
- Resolved General error java.lang.NullPointerException that could occur when connecting to DataDirect Cloud.
- Updates to support Progress Rollbase version 2.2.
A few issues are bound to get by even the most exhaustive testing. We are working to fix the following:
- Using setByte to set parameter values fails when the data source does not support the TINYINT SQL type. Use setShort or setInt to set the parameter value instead of setByte.
- The DataDirect Cloud Drivers for ODBC and for JDBC and the On-Premise Connector must be uninstalled and reinstalled to access Oracle, SQL Server, and the new beta data sources. The following versions are required:
- DataDirect Cloud Driver for ODBC Version 2.00.0053 (B0022, U0015)
- DataDirect Cloud Driver for JDBC Version 2.0.0.000045 (F000017.U000007
- On-Premise Connector Version 00083
- Reinstalling the On-Premise Connector changes the Connector ID. Any On-Premise data sources defined in DataDirect Cloud must be updated with the new Connector ID.
- At this time, access to the On-Premise Connector is restricted such that only the DataDirect Cloud user that registered the On-Premise Connecter can establish a connection through that On-Premise Connector. For example, if the DataDirect Cloud username johndoe is specified during the installation of the On-Premise Connector, then the user must be logged into DataDirect Cloud as johndoe in order to be able to establish connections through the connector. The user johndoe can have multiple connections open going through the same On-Premise Connector.
UPDATE: We are aware of the problem and are currently planning a resolution.
- Testing has shown the following two errors from Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online when executing queries against the ImportData and TeamTemplate tables:
- Attribute errortype on Entity ImportData is of type picklist but has Child Attributes Count 0
- Attribute issystem on Entity TeamTemplate is of type bit but has Child Attributes Count 0
We have filed a case with Microsoft and are waiting to hear back about the cause of the issue.
- OpenEdge 10.2b - Setting the MaxPooledStatements data source option in an OpenEdge data store to a value other than zero can cause statement not prepared errors to be returned in some situations.
- Eloqua Data Store
- For queries on ACCOUNT and CONTACT tables that are processed as bulk queries , the Eloqua data store may report the following error.
Query Execution Failed. Error invoking Service, Response Error Code: 404, NOT_FOUND
This error can occur when the query takes longer than 3600 seconds (1 hour). Set the bulktimeout custom property in the data source to a larger value and run the query.
- See the files d2cjdbcreadme.txt and d2codbcreadme.txt for the latest notes when accessing DataDirect cloud through the DataDirect Cloud ODBC and JDBC drivers. These files are located in the installation directory for the ODBC and JDBC drivers.