Progress DataDirect Cloud™
Progress DataDirect Cloud enables simple, fast connections to cloud data regardless of source—SaaS apps, big data stores, or social networks—using a single standards-based ODBC or JDBC driver. For example, an organization might want to use a reporting application to predict travel budgets by analyzing travel data stored in the cloud. DataDirect Cloud can provide connectivity with simple configuration instead of extensive coding. In addition, when you install the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector on a machine behind your firewall, you can connect to on-premise data sources using DataDirect Cloud, without opening ports or otherwise configuring the fire wall. The On-Premise Connector establishes a secure connection back to DataDirect Cloud when needed to provide access to the on-premise data stores.
DataDirect Cloud– January 30, 2014
Key Features and Benefits
DataDirect Cloud provides these new features in this release:
- Partnerships Referrals. Partners can now provide their customers seamless access to DataDirect Cloud and its rich array of data sources in their applications. Branding the DataDirect Cloud Drivers for ODBC and JDBC allows the drivers to be incorporated into and distributed with your application.
- Progress Rollbase Private Cloud. The DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector allows applications to connect to on-premise data sources without opening ports or otherwise configuring the fire wall. This release adds support for creating a Rollbase On-Premise data source to access Progress Rollbase Private Cloud that is hosted behind a fire wall. Support for Rollbase Private Cloud that is hosted on a server that is publically accessible was added in a previous release.
- When specifying the DataDirect Cloud User Id (Progress ID) and password during the install or in the On-Premise Connector Configuration tool, the fields accepted only lower case letters. DataDirect Cloud user ids are case-insensitive.
A few issues are bound to get by even the most exhaustive testing. We are working to fix the following:
- OpenEdge 10.2b - Setting the MaxPooledStatements data source option in an OpenEdge data store to a value other than zero can cause statement not prepared errors to be returned in some situations.
- The DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector must be uninstalled and re-installed in order to access Rollbase Private Cloud behind a firewall. Note that installing the new On-Premise connector over an existing installation may cause a problem where the On-Premise Connector does not pick up the updated needed for Rollbase support.
NOTE : Reinstalling the On-Premise Connector changes the Connector ID. Any OpenEdge On-Premise data sources defined in DataDirect Cloud must be updated with the new Connector ID.
- Access to the On-Premise Connector is now restricted such that only the DataDirect Cloud user that registered the On-Premise Connecter can establish a connection through that On-Premise Connector. For example, if the DataDirect Cloud username johndoe is specified during the installation of the On-Premise Connector, then the user must be logged into DataDirect Cloud as johndoe in order to be able to establish connections through the connector. The user johndoe can have multiple connections open going through the same On-Premise Connector.
- Referral Partners must use DataDirect Cloud ODBC driver version 2.00.0039 or higher or DataDirect Cloud JDBC driver version 2.0.0.000030.
- The branding suffix feature of the DataDirect Cloud ODBC driver branding is not working correctly in the installer and in the standalone branding tool. It is recommended that the branding suffix field be left blank.
- Testing has shown the following two errors from Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online when executing queries against the ImportData and TeamTemplate tables:
- Attribute errortype on Entity ImportData is of type picklist but has Child Attributes Count 0
- Attribute issystem on Entity TeamTemplate is of type bit but has Child Attributes Count 0
We have filed a case with Microsoft and are waiting to hear back about the cause of the issue.
Query Execution Failed. Error invoking Service, Response Error Code: 404, NOT_FOUND
This error can occur when the query takes longer than 3600 seconds (1 hour). Set the bulktimeout custom property in the data source to a larger value and run the query.
- Marketo Driver
- Queries on Marketo Views for ACTIVITYRECORD child tables can report the following error:
ServiceResults from your query have timed out. Please execute the query again
This error can occur when a query takes longer than two hours to process. Modify the query to select activity information for specific Leads.
- See the files d2cjdbcreadme.txt and d2codbcreadme.txt for the latest notes and known issues when accessing DataDirect cloud through the DataDirect Cloud ODBC and JDBC drivers. These files are located in the installation directory for the ODBC and JDBC drivers.