Progress DataDirect Cloud™
Progress DataDirect Cloud enables simple, fast connections to cloud data regardless of source—SaaS apps, big data stores, or social networks—using a single standards-based ODBC or JDBC driver. For example, an organization might want to use a reporting application to predict travel budgets by analyzing travel data stored in the cloud. DataDirect Cloud can provide connectivity with simple configuration instead of extensive coding. In addition, when you install the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector on a machine behind your firewall, you can connect to on-premise data sources using DataDirect Cloud, without opening ports or otherwise configuring the fire wall. The On-Premise Connector establishes a secure connection back to DataDirect Cloud when needed to provide access to the on-premise data stores.
DataDirect Cloud – December 21, 2013
DataDirect Cloud provides these new features in:
- DataDirect Cloud is now certified with Salesforce API Version 29.
- Added the Default Schema connection option, which specifies the name of the schema used when identifiers are not qualified in a SQL query. For example, suppose Default Schema is set to White. Subsequent SQL statements with unqualified table references use the owner name White.
- Added the Rollbase Login URL connection option, which specifies the name of the host running the Rollbase server. When using Rollbase through the DataDirect Cloud connectivity service, the default host name is www.rollbase.com.
- Added the Port Number connection option, which specifies the port of the HTTP service on the Rollbase data store.
DataDirect Cloud provides these new features in:
- On-Premise Connector. When you install the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise Connector on a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows machine behind your firewall, you can connect to on-premise data sources using DataDirect Cloud, without opening ports or otherwise configuring the fire wall. The On-Premise Connector establishes a secure connection back to DataDirect Cloud when needed to provide access to the on-premise data sources. You must install the On-Premise Connector on a machine on your network before an on-premise data source can be configured in DataDirect Cloud.
The following Beta data stores are now GA:
- Progress OpenEdge (cloud)
- Progress OpenEdge (On-Premise)
The following Beta data stores have been added:
For information about data stores currently in Beta, go to http://www.datadirectcloud.com/solutions.
A few issues are bound to get by even the most exhaustive testing. We are working to fix the following:
- When specifying the DataDirect Cloud User Id (Progress ID) and password during the install or in the On-Premise Connector Configuration tool, enter the user id in lower case. DataDirect Cloud user ids are case-insensitive; however, one of the DataDirect Cloud On-Premise components is treating the user id as case sensitive. Entering the user id as lower case works around this issue. DataDirect Cloud passwords are case sensitive and must be entered in the correct case.
- The Beta On-Premise Connector will not work with this DataDirect Cloud update. The Beta On-Premise Connector must be uninstalled and the GA On-Premise Connector must be installed.
NOTE : Reinstalling the On-Premise Connector changes the Connector ID. Any OpenEdge On-Premise data sources defined in DataDirect Cloud must be updated with the new Connector ID.
- Access to the On-Premise Connector is now restricted such that only the DataDirect Cloud user that registered the On-Premise Connecter can establish a connection through that On-Premise Connector. For example, if the DataDirect Cloud username johndoe is specified during the installation of the On-Premise Connector, then the user must be logged into DataDirect Cloud as johndoe in order to be able to establish connections through the connector. The userjohndoe can have multiple connections open going through the same On-Premise Connector.
- Eloqua Data Store
- The Eloqua data store is currently not mapping “large” fields as LONGWVARCHAR. All string fields are currently mapped as WVARCHAR.
- Queries that SELECT fields longer than 16382 characters report the following error when the query result is large and needs to be processed on disk (typically when query contains ORDER BY, GROUP BY):
EloquaDisk cache error. Field length: 84448 exceeds maximum limit of 65535.10232
- The Eloqua data store defines the length of the predefined text fields (not user-defined fields) as 100 and long text fields as 8000. If the actual data exceeds these lengths for multi-select and long text fields, data returned will be truncated.
- For queries on ACCOUNT and CONTACT tables that are processed as bulk queries , the Eloqua data store may report the following error.
Query Execution Failed. Error invoking Service, Response Error Code: 404, NOT_FOUND
This error can occur when the query takes longer than 3600 seconds (1 hour). Set the bulktimeout custom property in the data source to a larger value and run the query.
- Marketo Driver
- Queries on Marketo Views for ACTIVITYRECORD child tables can report the following error:
ServiceResults from your query have timed out. Please execute the query again
This error can occur when a query takes longer than two hours to process. Modify the query to select activity information for specific Leads.
- See the files d2cjdbcreadme.txt and d2codbcreadme.txt for the latest notes and known issues when accessing DataDirect cloud through the DataDirect Cloud ODBC and JDBC drivers. These files are located in the installation directory for the ODBC and JDBC drivers.