Create and deliver personalized experiences across digital properties at scale
Build engaging websites with intuitive web content management
Leverage a complete UI toolbox for web, mobile and desktop development
Build, protect and deploy apps across any platform and mobile device
Build mobile apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone
Rapidly develop, manage and deploy business apps, delivered as SaaS in the cloud
Automate UI, load and performance testing for web, desktop and mobile
Host, deploy and scale Node.js, Java and .NET Core apps on premise or in the cloud
Optimize data integration with high-performance connectivity
Automate decision processes with a no-code business rules engine
Transform your businesses in order to survive in a completely digitized and connected world driven by software innovation.
Globally scale websites with innovative content management and infrastructure approaches
Content-focused web and mobile solution for empowering marketers
Faster, tailored mobile experiences for any device and data source
UX and app modernization to powerfully navigate today's digital landscape
Fuel agility with ever-ready applications, built in the cloud
TDWI BEST PRACTICES REPORT, Q2 2011 answers this question as, “DI requires a wide range of interfaces … includes traditional interfaces (native database connectors, ODBC, JDBC, FTP, APIs, bulk loaders) and newer ones (Web services, SOA, and data services). The new ones are critical to next generation requirements for real time and services.”
Not surprisingly, Progress DataDirect has already delivered next generation Salesforce ODBC and JDBC drivers that combine traditional and newer interfaces for superior data connectivity with Salesforce.com.
And as a Solutions Consultant for DataDirect Connect, I work directly with organizations to provide data connectivity solutions using many of the data integration tools listed in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools:
Therefore, we have a lot of experience with both data integration tools and cloud connectivity.
Progress DataDirect Connect XE for Salesforce Data Integration using your in-house ETL tool
1. Standards Based Connectivity. The same ODBC or JDBC driver used for data integration can be used throughout your organization with BI tools: IBM Cognos, OBIEE, SAS, Crystal Reports, Tableau, and more ; and Database Links: Oracle Gateways, Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT), MS SQL Linked Server, DB2 Federation. Use a single connector to Salesforce across all applications for standard features, functionality and Salesforce API version support.
2. Flexible Built-in Incremental CDC Cache. In your Data Integration/ETL jobs, you can configure the driver without application code changes to load Strategic and Tactical data using the built in incremental change data capture cache to refresh locally at desired intervals, or get real time access for more Operational BI. Figure 1 Operational BI versus strategic and tactical BI from the Next Generation Data Integration report.
The built-in cache resides entirely within the driver without any requirement for an intermediate database, and improves performance and limits the number of web service calls made to the Salesforce API.
3. SQL 92 compliance makes Salesforce.com look like any relational data source to your data integration software.
4. Bulk load. Leverage the Salesforce Bulk Load API for load jobs without code changes using your favorite Data Integration/ETL tool.
5. Reliability. Salesforce drivers are built on the same flagship Progress DataDirect Connect drivers framework that has powered your enterprise data connectivity for two decades across 32-bit and 64-bit Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX platforms.
Download free 15 day trial of the DataDirect Connect XE for ODBC or JDBC Salesforce drivers to integrate an unlimited number of applications with Salesforce.
Or call 1-800-876-3101 to speak with a live Solutions Consultant to learn how other organizations are making progress with DataDirect Connect Salesforce integration.
Sumit Sarkar is a Chief Data Evangelist at Progress, with over 10 years experience working in the data connectivity field. The world's leading consultant on open data standards connectivity with cloud data, Sumit's interests include performance tuning of the data access layer for which he has developed a patent pending technology for its analysis; business intelligence and data warehousing for SaaS platforms; and data connectivity for aPaaS environments, with a focus on standards such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET and ODATA. He is an IBM Certified Consultant for IBM Cognos Business Intelligence and TDWI member. He has presented sessions on data connectivity at various conferences including Dreamforce, Oracle OpenWorld, Strata Hadoop, MongoDB World and SAP Analytics and Business Objects Conference, among many others.
Copyright © 2016, Progress Software Corporation and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
All Rights Reserved.
Progress, Telerik, and certain product names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and/or other countries. See Trademarks or appropriate markings.